Battling the Holiday Blues
Even though this is the season of celebration, many Americans will report that their depression or anxiety worsens during the holidays. As a matter of fact, the National Alliance of Mental Illness reports that 64% of adults with depression or anxiety feel worse during this time of year.
Whether you are experiencing loneliness or depression, or you know a family member or friend who is struggling, there are ways to cope.
· Help Others – Volunteer at a local charity or retirement home. This allows for less time to feel lonely and helping others just plain feels good!
· Maintain a normal schedule
· Get enough sleep
· Eat healthy foods and drink moderately
· Take time for yourself! - Take a bubble bath, read a book, or mediate
· Seek help if you need it!
Try to have a positive attitude during the holidays and remember, things don’t always go as planned. Laugh at yourself, remember you can’t please everyone, and spend time with family and friends.
Everyone here at Century Benefits Group, would like to wish you and your loved ones a safe and happy holiday season!
Michael King, (Principal) Charles Beecher and Helen Pleszewicz