6 Tips for Understanding Your 2019 Health Care Plan
Every year, you’re able to review your health care plan coverage and explore options and make any needed changes. Here’s a helpful checklist to guide you through things to consider as your review your plan materials for the upcoming year.
1. Review your Annual Notice of Changes to find updates to your benefits for the coming year.
2. If you have prescription drug coverage, take a close look at the Formulary (drug list) to make sure you understand how your medications are covered by your plan.
3. Reflect on the past year. How has your health been? Are you taking new medications or dealing with a new illness and/or condition? If so, think about how these changes may require a different plan than you have now.
4. If your plan has a network, consider your primary care provider (PCP). Confirm your PCP and specialist are in your insurance company network.
5. Make the most of online resources. Register on your providers website and utilize the helpful online tools available to you. These tools can help you take full advantage of your plan in 2019.
6. Remember that Century Benefits Group is here to help you should you have questions about your current plan or if you would like to review your current health care plan.
Understanding your Health Care Plan can help you decide if it meets your needs for the upcoming year.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Michael King, REBC
Century Benefits Group, Inc.
400 White Spruce Blvd. Suite C
Rochester, New York 14623
(585) 224-8138 x201
FAX (585) 697-3040